Careers - We're Hiring!
Front Desk Receptionist
We are looking for a professional with a friendly attitude and the ability to multitask to serve as our company’s front desk receptionist. As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. In addition, you will ensure that no company or customer information is inappropriately divulged to unauthorized parties.
To be successful as a receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
Ultimately, a receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
We pride ourselves on providing a safe and welcoming atmosphere. If you enjoy people and are committed to doing excellent work, then we want to hear from you.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office, answering any questions, providing directions, and alerting staff when someone is there to meet or visit them.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer a multiple line phone system, screen and manage calls by routing them to the proper extensions or taking messages and delivering them within our message system along with setting up conference calls as requested
- Manage the building log of who is entering and exiting the building
- Accept deliveries and mail, while also managing outgoing mail and packages for pickup
- Serve as the face of the company, offering friendly service to those entering the building or calling in on the phone
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, keeping it clean and free of clutter, and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Assist new applicants who come into the building to apply for positions, including providing them with applications, pens, and clipboards along with any reference material they may need, such as telephone directories or Wi-Fi passwords
- Handle filing and data entry as requested
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, etc.)
- Maintains applicable records and files, directories, correspondence, and other related material. Coordinates off-site storage and shred boxes. Coordinates with copier service and repair.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing
- Keep lobby area clean and presentable daily.
- Cover the main reception desk, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree: additional certification in Office Management is a plus
- Ability to take initiative in completing assigned work and projects
- Process payments (cash, credit card, insurance check, personal check, EFT & Bank check)
- Filing out all required paperwork
- Filing any and all paperwork and files in their designated areas
- Works well with numerous personality types
- Ability to work independently
- Quick learner. Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.